Saturday, June 1, 2013

Paige's Pick: Free People Lace Dresses

Lace, as you all know, is a staple in all our closets here at YU. Many people have the perception that lace is meant for formal wear exclusively; this, is absolutely NOT true! Lace can be worn on a day to day basis, and can be dressed up or down rather easily. I have put together three outfits, each focusing on one of our many lace dresses. No "fancy" destination required for any of the adorable numbers below!


I used our most recent gem for my first outfit: Free People's "Shake Up Dress" in Cream. I've added AG's "Heather" denim vest in Mirage, and Ash's "Nikita" booties in T Moro. I wanted to keep the accessories to a minimal, and used a long and short necklace, both from House of Harlow. This look is super easy to put together, and can be worn in so many different ways, whether on its own, with a denim jacket, or a vest...the possibilities are endless. This is a great look for taking a stroll down Whyte Ave on a sunny Saturday afternoon.  For added oomph, throw on a pair of oversized sunnies...you'll definitely feel like a chic chicka then!!!


This next look I put together is another great daytime option. I started with Free People's "Floral Lace" dress in Red Hot, and added Doma's "Cropped Suede" jacket in Sand. For a bag, I chose my new fave from Rebecca Minkoff: the "Laser Cut Skylar Mini" in Almond. To accessorize this look, I used long necklaces from both JK and House of Harlow. Finally, I used Ash's "Nikita" booties in T Moro to complete the look. The best part about this outfit is that it can easily transition into fall, making its purchase a rather practical one! ;)

 

This last outfit I adore! I started with Free People's "Rocco Dress" in Black, and added AG's "Harper" denim jacket in Topanga Embroidery. For a pop of color, and to keep this look a bit more casual, I've added Rebecca Minkoff's "Mac Clutch" in Poppy Pink. For accessories, I used an Agate necklace by Charlene K. I recommend also layering your arms up with Chan Luu wrap bracelets, and loads of wooden gems to complete your look. For shoes, I again used the Ash "Nikita" booties in T Moro (can you tell I love these booties???). This look can easily transform into one suitable for evening, all you have to do is replace the denim jacket with a cropped leather one, and add a pair of pumps.

Have you jumped on our lacy bandwagon yet???
Share:

1 comment

  1. Lace can be worn on a day to day basis, and everbuying black lace dresses can be dressed up or down rather easily.

    ReplyDelete

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig