Saturday, June 22, 2013

Paige's Pick: Style Icon

Forever I've been a denim girl; whether it's shorts, pants, or jackets, denim has always played the lead role in MY wardrobe. Rachel Bilson's style has evolved over the last few years, going from cute and girly to total fashionista, topping best dressed lists around the world. As deserving as I think Rachel is of her titles of "Best Dressed" on the Red Carpet, she truly tops my own best dressed list when off the Red Carpet; her everyday casual, yet pulled together style steals my heart!


Rachel's two looks above are perfect day to day looks, whether she's having drinks on a patio, or taking a leisurely stroll down Whyte Ave on a Saturday afternoon. I replicated both these looks using some of my favorite brands. Have a look below at my interpretations:


To replicate Rachel's first look, I used 7FAM's "Kimmie Straight" jeans in Radiant, and paired them with Bordeaux's "S Tank" in Black. I added Doma's "Leather Jacket with Quilted Back" in Electric Blue for a more exact match. To finish off this look, I used Rebecca Minkoff's "Cupid" bag in Slate. If you feel compelled to fully rock Rachel's look, try adding a pair of Ugg "Abbie" clog in Chocolate.


I love Rachel's second look (above), and luckily for myself, and all of you who love the look as well, we have a nearly identical outfit here at YU!!! I used AG's "Legging Ankle(s)" in Courtney and Nation Ltd.'s "Panama City Top" in Beige. To get the full look, I added Joie's "Adarsha" vest in Peacoat and reused Rebecca Minkoff's "Cupid" bag in Slate. I based my rendition of Rachel's look on the color Navy, a nice change from the color Black.


Along with jeans, Rachel can definitely rock a pair of denim shorts! I chose the first outfit to replicate figuring it would be an easy summer look. 


I kept this outfit super simple using Joie's "Gitta Top" in Dark Navy, and paired it with 7FAM's "Mid Roll Up Short(s)" in Rich Dark. For foot wear, I recommend Ugg's "Elyza" leather flip flops in Beige. Although this outfit is simple, the pieces I used are very versatile, and can be used for different occasions separately or together.


 Whether she's in shorts or full-legged denim, Rachel certainly knows how to make the most of a casual, everyday outfit!!!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig