Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jerd's Corner: Floral Prints

After seeing Paige and Kiki featured in the Edmonton Journal's story on floral pattern, I've been totally obsessed with it myself! This "trend" has been seen not only on the runway, but on our favorite celebrities and fashion insiders as well. My favorite thing about this trend is the range by which it can be incorporated: from minimal to obnoxious, how big YOUR green thumb is, is totally up to you.

1. Minimal: This is an easy way to get your toes wet with floral. Incorporate a single piece, such as a silk top or floral pants while keeping the rest of the outfit neutral. I absolutely LOVE Miranda Kerr's and Russian socialite, Dasha Zhukova's, incorporation of the floral trend. Who would've thought that florals and stripes would look so good together?


2. The Fashionable Botanist: I've been inspired by my botany courses, and have always thought it would be fun to incorporate my studies into my outfits. Yes, I am a huge nerd, but a fashionable one! I adore both these looks with the more muted floral print on top with a fun floral pant. Get this look at Yu, with floral printed pants by 7FAM and a Wildfox floral jumper. 


3. The Courageous Environmentalist: This is the definition of flower power! Head to toe bold floral prints is a look that I wish I had enough guts to pull off! Although this is definitely NOT for everyone, I thought it was very inspiring, and demonstrates the commitment some fashionistas have to this particular trend.


 So, whether it's in your backyard or your outfit, Happy Gardening! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig