Monday, October 30, 2017

Designer Highlight: Jugar N Spice



Last week, we had the chance to have a virtual sit down with Julie Hemsky, the face behind the eclectic jewelry line, Jugar N Spice. We learned about Julie, her new "Fall & Fine" collection, and a few interesting tid bits we'd love to share with you, our readers!

If you aren't yet familiar with the brand, Jugar N Spice was created in 2011 and currently operates out of Dallas, Texas. It turns out, its name came about rather naturally, with many people telling Julie for as long as she can remember, "you've got spice, Garcia".

And so, without further ado, let's get started...

We're excited to see your new collection. What was the inspiration behind "Fall & Fine"? What can we expect to see?

My main inspiration was stackables. I wanted this new collection to easily stack with others, from bracelets to necklaces. With the fine collection, it’s dainty gold & diamond jewelry that really looks better stacked than alone, in my opinion. For the larger pieces in the Fall collection, same. Colourful chokers paired with more colourful chokers, gold coin necklaces with more necklaces etc etc

Think more, more, then add some more :)



Is there a certain piece, whether in this new collection or a previous one, that you are particularly proud of? 

Yes! My black diamond & white topaz eye bracelet. I seriously NEVER take that off.
It’s been with me in numerous countries around the world, always watching over me ♥️

This season, we’ve even revamped it and upgraded all the original nuggets that were gold-plated to now either 14k gold-filled or sterling silver. Better quality and best of all, same exact price :) 

We love fashion! We're always interested to see what a person's go-to piece is in their closet. What's yours?

Oh man, that’s SO tough...can I pick two? Well... I’m gonna pick two!

First one is this high waisted, snug fitting, and extremely comfortable mid length Velvet black stretch skirt. It automatically comes with me in ANY trip I go! You can transform it from casual day time / beach / to chic dinners with zero effort. Goes with everything so naturally it goes with me everywhere.

And next, I’d say is this Chanel brooch with pearls I bought in Paris 3 years ago. It transforms and makes any outfit better than a strand of pearls.
I used it on dresses, to pinch down the collar of my tee-shirts and create a side off-shoulder look, pin it on my toques, jackets, sweaters - you name it!

 Also, what's something not many people may know about you?

Even though I’m married to a pro hockey player and have watched HUNDREDS of his games over the last 10 years, I still don’t know how icing works or half the rules. I kid you not. 

It’s pretty embarrassing actually, but I’m not bothered by my lack of knowledge for the game.
I do however love going to watch him skate around. Oh, and I also can’t skate. 


Any last words you would like to leave our readers with?

Yes, that I’m extremely happy to be coming back to the city where it all started for me. 
Edmonton will always be a home in my heart, most of my family still resides here and almost all my closest friends.
It’s always such a fun and happy time for me whenever I come back. 

I’m so excited to see you all and I hope you enjoy what I’m bringing along with me ♥️

XO

Jugar


Thanks so much, Julie! If you're in Edmonton, Alberta this Thursday, November 2nd, stop by the Yu Fashion boutique to meet Julie in person and view her latest collection.

RSVP ON FACEBOOK HERE


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig