Thursday, July 16, 2015

Jerd's Corner: Fall Trends 2015

Sooner than we'd like to think, the leaves will start falling, Starbucks will be serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and we'll be scanning our closets once again in search of NEW fall clothes. Fall is, by far, my favorite season...the leathers, the chunky knit sweaters, and, the alleviation of blisters by trading in my strappy sandals for comfortable motorcycle boots...I could go on and on...In anticipation of the upcoming season, I've summed up my TOP trends for Fall 2015. 

Pattern Mixing


I'm not sure whether or not "Bohemian" would be considered a trend anymore, or if it's now considered a wardrobe staple, either way this look NEVER gets old for me. Pattern mixing is HUGE for fall with strong emphasis placed on pairing different ethnic prints together. The trick to pulling this off is scale, they must not compete with each other but compliment, one should be bolder perhaps in size and colour, while the other softer. A great example of this is in the styling of the Isabel Marant outfit (above, left). What I'm absolutely OBSESSED with is the printed pant, pair them with a graphic Equipment blouse for an "I Woke Up Like This"-pajama look, or, if that's a little much, IRO's "Clay Tee" is a nice alternative. You'll most DEFINITELY see me in the printed pant this fall. Want the look? Check out Cynthia Vincent's and Gypsy Soul's versions of the pant, in stores now!

Minimalism


If you want to up your fashion game this fall, just keep it simple. The "Minimalist" look is a clean, fresh, silhouette with focus on luxurious fabrics such as cashmere and silk. A great way to incorporate this trend into your fall look is through culottes. I LOVE the look of them with a higher boot as seen at Victoria Beckham ( above, left). We have some amazing Vince culottes in at the moment, and will be getting more in as the season progresses. Take a break from your skinny pants this fall, you'll appreciate it when the bread basket comes around at dinner!!!

Side-Slits


A notable mention is the side-slit, which was seen at two of my personal favorites Celine (left) and The Row (right). The side-slit sweater from Celine is UNREAL!!! On a "daring" day, I'd wear this look with my culottes and mules; for an "everyday" option, I'd pair this with my skinny jeans and ankle boots. I'd strongly advise wearing a high-waisted pant to avoid the dreaded muffin top poking out of those slits. Alternatively, layering silk tanks underneath would add coverage and textural interest to the outfit.     

Lingerie  


 Calling all our lace lovers: the lingerie trend is back, BIG TIME. Lace can sometimes come off cutesy, but this season, it's been given a cool and sexy twist. Chloe nailed it this season with their "Kate Moss, I just rolled out of bed and threw on a fur jacket" vibe; I want EVERY piece from the collection, but since it's a little (a lot) out of my budget, I think I'll be sticking to the Free People dresses we have in stock and stealing my mom's fur jackets to channel my inner Supermodel! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig