Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Jerd's Corner: Mint




Mint is THE color for spring, and trust me, it's much easier to wear than you would think. To help our favorite Yu girls out, I've come up with four outfits that are sure to put some "spring" in your step. I tried to do a range of outfits to show how truly versatile mint can be.

Look 1: I thought it would be fun to play with color, texture, and pattern all in one outfit, personally I think it is accomplished here. If you had to buy any jean for spring, it should be the Seven for All Mankind "Skinny" in Mint. They will be your spring trend jean; I love these paired with Vince's "Leather Tank." For a little fun, I added Ella Moss' "Feather Tail Blazer" in Linen, the subtle neon pattern complements the mint for a fresh spring look. And of course, no fashionista is complete without her Minkoff! I think this outfit would be perfect for a casual Friday at the office followed by drinks downtown.

Look 2: This look is just SO easy; it is the baby step of baby steps into mint territory! There is NO excuse not to wear color, I made it super easy for you! I love Ella Moss' "Stella S/S Top" in Mint with Mackage's "Hidi" Jacket in Brick, totally unexpected but totally works. Paired with vintage Seven for All Mankind "Skinny" jeans, this is a no-brainer look, perfect for running errands.

Look 3: As I was coming up with this look, I automatically thought of the Kardashian sisters. I probably watch too much reality TV, but I envision this outfit on a date night, or pull a "Kardashian" and wear this to your next pedicure. I love when clothing kills two birds with one stone,  and these jeans do just that (floral and color...hello investment)! A subtle mint "Sleeveless Henley" by Rebecca Taylor works perfectly with the printed pants, and to pull the outfit together is the "Mazzy Blazer" by Ella Moss. I think this blazer is a perfect staple for spring, something that you could throw on over anything,  and look instantly polished. Add some sky high nude pumps, and people will be asking whether you are the 4th Kardashian!

Look 4: This look is dedicated to a boho goddess, a goddess that should be living in LAX as opposed to YEG. The Maison Scotch "Pima Chino(s)" in Azure are probably the cutest summer pant, they're just screaming for a pair of espadrilles or flip-flops. To keep with the bohemian look, I added the Vince "Drop Shoulder Top" in Stone and every bohemian's staple, the Chan Luu scarf. The feathers on the Brave purse will unleash anyone's inner hippie!  

So, there you have it, I hope you all give mint a try! It's not hard, I promise... I'm typing this blog with mint nail polish on, and I seriously can't wait to wear more of this color for spring!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig