Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paige's Pick: Upcoming Trends of 2013

We all love to stay current and "in" with the latest, greatest, and "got to have this now" trends, so I thought what better topic to discuss this week then some of 2013's (and my) favorite, new trends! Some of the biggest trends this season will be Coral and Green in terms of color, sheer tops, leather, neon, and  graphic Black and White combinations. I chose to focus on my top 3 favorite upcoming styles.


The first trend I chose is Green. The color itself is so refreshing and different from anything that has been "in" over the last few years. Surprisingly, it is an easy color to incorporate into your existing wardrobes; it can be as bold or as neutral as you want it to be, which makes it an easy pairing with all your favorite denim. The items I chose are two of my favorites from the store: Vince's "Silk Dolman Tee" in Lime and Velvet's "Magic" dress in Heather Lime. If you don't feel bold enough to wear an entire t-shirt or dress in this color, but still want to try the color out, I recommend Rebecca Minkoff's "Woven Mac Daddy" (pictured above). Whether you choose to buy an entire outfit dedicated to Green, or just want to add a pop of color to your look is up to you, but no matter what, a hit of Green will surely enliven your wardrobe...that's for sure!


The second trend I chose was the sheer look. This look has become popular over time, but will be hitting an ultimate high in 2013. Sheer anything can add interest, boldness, and uniqueness to any outfit you choose. I'm currently obsessed with Velvet's "Ceta" top in Black paired with Chan Luu's "Sequin Bra," and the "Raine" blouse in Baltic also by Velvet. What's nice about the sheer look is that a tank top or bandeau will easily do the trick for something underneath; it's up to you how risque you want to make it. Both these looks are classy, unique, and fun, criterias making them totally obsessed worthy!


The third trend I chose is one that we have yet to receive in store. I was super excited about this look, so much so that I decided to jump the gun and show you a preview of what we'll be receiving shortly! The trend I'm talking about is Black and White. Black and white, as we all know, have gone together for years, so what's so different about this upcoming season you might ask? Now, rather than you having to put the pieces together yourself, the two colors come together, particularly in pants. We'll be receiving a shipment of graphically patterned black and white jeans from our favorite designer, 7FAM. Make sure to keep up with the blog so you know when to dash in and try out this very trendy look!

2013 is all about trying something new and bold...I hope you all will accept this challenge with me!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig