Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paige's Pick: Transitional Denim

Okay, I'm just going to say it, there's no point in beating around the bush...fall is just around the corner. There, I've said it. Although most of us don't even want to think about all the things that come with fall, school, work, cooler weather, we DO have something to look forward to, and that's the latest fall fashions, all of which are starting to pile in here at YU! Since many of us have chosen to ignore the upcoming season, I thought I would put together some outfits using our latest denim trends to inspire you. Here is a look at what I think are some of the best denim looks for this upcoming season: 


This first look is for those of you who think once the season changes, you can no longer wear ripped denim. I chose the new AG "Stilt" jeans in 9 Year Repair, and paired these slightly distressed jeans with the Heartloom "Celine Sweater" in Ash. To accessorize, I added Chan Luu's classic leopard print scarf in Blue and Rebecca Minkoff's "Mini Mac" in Royal. Finally, a pair of metallic Samra flats finishes off the look. This outfit is a great way to transition your distressed denim into the fall.


This next example is for those of you who don't think colored pants work for fall. For this look, I used "The Skinny" 7FAM cords in Peacock, and although you can't see the color very well, these cords are a stunning blue/green shade. As a top, I chose Rebecca Taylor's "Kaleidoscope Pullover" and for shoes, the Melissa "Ultragirl 2 by Jason Wu" shoes in Black. Lastly, I polished off this look with Rebecca Minkoff 's "Mini Mac" in Gray.


The last look I styled is for those of you who think printed pants are a no-no come fall. I chose 7FAM's  "Skinny" jean in Burgundy. I paired these pants with Joie's "Elvia" top in Caviar and Melissa "Devotion" shoes in Black. Underneath the Joie top I've added a simple black tank from Velvet. This outfit would be fabulous with a leather jacket for an evening out!

The lesson here is don't assume your hard year of shopping was all for nothing, your existing wardrobe plus a few new pieces from YU will give you the perfect wardrobe for fall!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig