Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Staff Picks: Transitional Pieces At Bargain Prices

As you all know, our spring sale started last week with many pieces at 30-50% off. Because of this, we thought it would be a great idea for each of us to pick out our favourite item, demonstrating how it could be worn presently, and into the upcoming season...

Diane: "Pushpa Blouse" in Natural by Winter Kate


I LOVE Winter Kate in general, and this top in particular!!! I find it super comfortable and feminine...in a "bohemian princess" kinda way :) The following are my suggestions on how to wear it now, and into the fall/winter season.


I think the pairing of the "Pushpa Blouse" and AG "Pixie Roll-Up Shorts" is an ideal one...very Kate Hudson! Although the blouse is long-sleeved, the silk chiffon is light and breezy, so keeping cool shouldn't be a problem. Because I would NEVER suggest going jewellery free (Oh My!), I added my favourite Karyn Chopik and JK necklaces to finish off the look. "Elyza" flip flops in Tan by Ugg tie in the overall neutral tones of the ensemble.


The outfit above is one I can't wait to wear myself!!! By switching out the shorts for a pair of dark skinnies, and Ugg "Elyza" flats for the "Aprelle" boots in Chestnut, the look is instantly appropriate for upcoming cooler temperatures. The addition of a Chan Luu scarf, in this case the Brown Leopard, completes the look!!! Ooh la la!!!

Jessie: "Triumph Shirt" in Flour by Madison Marcus


I'm always on the hunt for a great white blouse, and this beauty combines great feminine details with a really practical, and easy to wear silhouette. I love the lace detail on the shoulders, and the subtle sequins...sooo pretty! This piece is a great take on the "classic white blouse" and can be worn effortlessly throughout the year.



This piece is perfect during the balmy summer months. It's light and breezy, and will keep you cool as a cucumber. I've paired the blouse with Joie's "Zandra Dress Shorts" in Caviar along with a pair of  Samra Flats in Pewter. A few strands from Jocelyn Kennedy and Chan Luu add a little sparkle; this ensemble is perfect for a night out on the town or dinner out on the patio.


This top can easily transition into the fall season, just add a few extra layers and you'll be ready to face the fall months in style. I've switched out the shorts for a pair of dark skinnies, and added the "Dyed Denim Jacket" in Military by Maison Scotch. A Chan Luu scarf is, of course, a necessity for the cool months ahead. The above look is fairly casual, but the top would also look great paired with a tuxedo jacket and black dress pants for a more formal event...the possibilities are endless!


Paige: "Electra Top" in Caviar by Joie




This top has been one of my favorites since day one, and it's even better now that it's on sale for 30% off; afterall, who doesn't love a deal??? Being swooned by this awesome deal isn't the only reason why this shirt is on the top of my "must buy" list. This Joie top is perfectly versatile with it's subtle pattern, neutral color, and over sized silhouette; it can easily transition from one season to the next!




For a summer ensemble, I paired the "Electra" top with the Maison Scotch "Allover Broderie" lace shorts in Black. I added the Brave "Tabitha" bag and a pair of Samra flats in "Scaled Leopard." I love this outfit because it's perfect for a hot, casual summer day/evening, and it will keep you cool and comfortable in the heat...understated style at it's finest!!!




My next look is a little bit more accessorized, and can easily be worn through the fall/winter months, just add a leather jacket to the mix, and you've just given yourself another season of wear! I've added the Vince "Crop Skinny Ankle" in Burnt Orange to add a pop of color to the otherwise neutral "Electra" shirt. For accessories, I used a Chan Luu Paisley scarf, Ash "Divina" booties in Taupe, and a Rebecca Minkoff "Desire Tri-Zip" satchel in Kiwi. All that's left for you to do is add jewelry to your heart's content...simple and easy never looked so good!

So, there you have it ladies, our staff picks of the season. Come on in and have a look for yourselves, there are still some great deals to be had!!!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig