Saturday, June 30, 2012

Paige's Pick: Canada Day

So, have you ever received an invitation to an event that you're super excited for, but as you start reading further down the invitation something stops you dead in your tracks, your decision to go to this event just got slightly complicated??? For those of you who have experienced this, you probably know what I'm talking about already, but for those of you who don't, or didn't realize this has happened, I'm about to drop a bomb! I'm talking about the moment you realize it's mandatory that your outfit match a statutory holiday, and ALL of it's colors. An example of this would be an invitation to a Canada Day themed party. Your immediate reaction may be to decline; after all, it's hard enough putting together any outfit for a party, let alone one with strict guidelines, but before you pull the whole, "I think I've come down with something" story, I advise you to keep reading this. I'm here to tell you not to panic. I've put together 3 outfits that suit a wide range of situations you could land in this Canada Day weekend, and help you kick it off to a great start!




The first outfit I chose would be perfect for a night out for dinner and drinks. I've paired the Joie "Barton Top" in Fiery Red with 7FAM's "Slim Straight" capri pants in Clean White. I then added   Melissa "Patchouli" wedges in Beige with a red stripe down the back. For accessories, I used Jocelyn Kennedy beaded bracelets, an Avant Garde crystal ring, and  Rebecca Minkoff 's "Desire Tri-Zip"
satchel in Kiwi. This look definitely fits the guidelines of a red and white themed party!




This next outfit is for a party, or any fun filled evening. I started with the Funktional "Breezy Top" and paired it with the Mackage "Cotton Jacquard Lace" shorts. I used the same Melissa "Patchouli" wedges as I did in the outfit above. To accessorize this look, I chose Chan Luu wrap bracelets, both the fabric and beaded ones, as well as a Rebecca Minkoff "Mini Mac" bag in Eggplant. This look is appropriate for a dressier Canada Day themed party, not to mention will keep you comfortable if you wind up outside for the fireworks!




This third outfit is for a very casual evening out, whether it be in someone's backyard, or at the lake. I started off with the Lauren Moshi "Ginger" top in Rosa, and the AG "Pixie Roll Up Shorts" then added  the Melissa "Harmonic Shoe" in Red/Blue. To accessorize, I used a Linea Pelle wallet, a Chan Luu wrap, and a Tai bracelet. This look is super casual, and great for a laid back evening...even though it's missing that white, you still have enough red to show pride in your country...yay!!!

So, before you throw away that party invitation come to YU, we'll outfit you according to your guidelines, and although we can't guarantee you'll have a great time at the party, we can guarantee you'll be looking stylish no matter what situation you find yourself in this weekend!
Share:

1 comment

  1. Quite an interesting share! Went for a luncheon arranged by my friend on her sister in law' success in her business deal. Liked the outskirt location of party venue hired with Mexican and Lebanese dinner. Also the drinks were amazing served with tasty rainbow cakes. Interior and exterior of the place was sober as well.

    ReplyDelete

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig