Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jerd's Corner: Lace

So, I'm not what you would call a girlie girl at all: ruffles, frills, and pink have never been my thing. But there is one thing I have always loved...LACE. Lace is so incredibly versatile. I love wearing it in the summer with faded denim, in the fall with army green, and in the winter with leather. I feel that lace is something everyone can wear, whether edgy, girlie or conservative.

The lace short is perhaps my favorite interpretation of this trend. Because you want the shorts to stand out, keep everything else simple. Put on some self-tanner, or as we like to call it "sun in a bottle," and rock these shorts this summer! Of course, Yu Fashion has you covered with Free People's "Scalloped Lace Shorts."



The most versatile, and perhaps easiest way to do lace is in a top. Sleeveless, short-sleeved, long-sleeved, the possibilities are endless. For a casual look, try a lace top with a pair of faded jeans; for a night on the town, switch the faded jeans for a pair of dark skinnies. To update your office look, swap out your basic blouse for a lace one. The Madison Marcus "Laze Tank" in White and "Laze Top" in Black are perfect light-weight summer essentials. For a thicker, slightly "dressier" lace, try the Joie "Fanny" or "Elvia" tops, both of which are hot commodities at Yu, almost never making it onto the floor!!! There will be a new shipment coming in July, along with deliveries for the Fall and Holiday seasons. Keep checking the blog for updates! 


 Who is the fairest of them all? It has to be the lace dress. I have to admit I was skeptical of this at first thinking it far too girlie for me, but after seeing it on Whitney Port, I want to try this out ASAP! A more conservative look is demonstrated by Rachel Bilson; I love her combination of two trends: lace and pastel. 

So whether your look is Edgy, Bohemian, Girly, or Conservative...we can all try a little lace!


 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig