Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trendspotting: Pajama Pants



 The "Pajama Pant" is the trend I am most looking forward to for Spring 2012; I just think it looks so
cool. I fell in love with this trend after seeing it on the streets of New York, Paris, and Milan during the most recent fashion shows.




 My favorite blogger, Man Repeller, poked fun at, and was inspired by the trend to wear her actual pajamas out!!! How cool is that?!? I love both of her looks; who would have thought a fashionista could be so economical? We did, of course, but then again, we're "practical" girls ourselves!

Michael Kors Spring 2012

 The pajama pant was seen all over the Spring 2012 runway, but my absolute favorite look is from Michael Kors. I love the Safari feel and the simplicity of the outfits, letting the pant be the focal point. The easiest way to wear this trend is to keep everything else very simple, and to a minimal. A basic, solid top in a fabric other than silk would be perfect. Silk-on-silk is very hard to pull off, and you run the risk of looking like you're actually wearing pajamas, which you don't want to do. I suggest something in maybe a cotton fabric, also adding a cropped jacket might be beneficial and add some structure to the otherwise baggy pant. I would definitely suggest a wedge with these pants. If you're on the taller side, I think these would look super cute with a flat sandal like what the Michael Kors model is wearing.

Stefani Pant in Caviar

Since this is such a huge trend moving forward, you know we will definitely be receiving a large selection of pajama pants in for spring, and I'm not talking about PJ Salvage! At the store right now, we have the "Stephani" Pant from Joie...these are my spring must-haves. Expect to see more from Joie and L.A.M.B come late January/February.
Share:

3 comments

  1. I LOVE pic 1...FAB!! Can I do something like that with my new Stefani?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's MY favourite look as well! I think you could definitely duplicate that look with the "Stefani." Try tucking your dress shirts, both cotton and those by Equipment, into the pants, and see what happens. I'm expecting to see you in a version of this look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on both comments!!! Just wanted to
    join the conversation!! I think that look is perfect for spring, gonna see lots of that pant. If you're going to do them, do them right. Aloha xo

    ReplyDelete

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig