Friday, January 13, 2012

Jerd's Corner: Different Ways to Wear Graphic Tees

Diane thought this would be the perfect thing for me to write on because if any of you know me, you know I'm a lover the of the "graphic tee." For years I was a die hard Lauren Moshi girl, but have come to love Wildfox as well; now I can't pick a favorite.

So, how does one wear a "graphic tee" without looking like a roadie? I'd like to give a couple of suggestions.

1. It's all about the tee shirt; make it the focal point, keep everything else simple. I love wearing my graphic tees with dark skinnies, or leggings.


2. I know lots of women think they are "not cool enough" to wear all these rocker tees. Trust me ladies, I might be 20, but I can guarantee you are ALL cooler than me...as a matter of fact, I'd place a lot of money on this! But, if you still feel uncomfortable, I'd suggest pairing the "graphic tee" with some sort of structured jacket. I love them with leather, tweed, and/or army jackets, or even with a boyfriend blazer. Some additional structure will keep you looking age appropriate and ever so cool.



3. Play with proportions. I've noticed most of these tees are pretty oversized, and usually long in length, which begs for a narrow pant. Unless you are Alessandra Ambrosio, please be weary of bell-bottoms unless the graphic tee is on the shorter side.


4. Add a scarf. Graphic tees are casual as it is, so adding a Chan Luu scarf totally completes this cute, casual look. Furthermore, the scarf can subdue an out-there print.



All the tees pictured are by Lauren Moshi or Wildfox, both of which are sold at Yu!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig