Thursday, December 29, 2011

Staff Style Crushes

So, the girls and I thought it would be fun to each pick a celebrity whose style we admire, and explain why it is that we feel that way...

Diane: Olivia Palermo



Many of you know that I've had a style crush on Rachel Zoe, celebrity stylist extraordinaire, for years now...though I have to admit at times, I wonder if it's more her quirky personality than fashion choices that I so admire. However, there is another whose style I admire above all others: Olivia Palermo. For those not familiar with her, she's a Manhattan socialite who shot to fame as a series regular on MTV's reality show, "The City." Though not always my favourite "character," I have to say that Olivia's impeccable style (almost) always had me swooning, and more than a little envious!!!

Though intrinsically girlie, what I admire most about her style is how eclectic it can be. She mixes both mainstream and haute couture fashions seamlessly, and is always perfectly accessorized without ever appearing too "styled." She's often photographed at major runway shows in outfits that inspire, yet seem attainable at the same time. This is why I LOVE her!!!


I have to say that my love affair with statement necklaces, and pattern "mixology" came about because of Olivia. Her outfits (some more than others), always left me inspired either to try something out for myself, or on one of you, and isn't that all we can ask of a style crush?!?
Share:

1 comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig