Saturday, January 8, 2011

Spring Trends

Yes, I know there is 2 feet of snow outside, but I can't help thinking of spring... I'm so sick of winter! We have compiled a list of the top spring trends... soon you will be able to check these items off your list, once they arrive at Yu Fashion. However, I can't predict when you will be able to wear them (there is 2 feet of snow outside).

1. Bell Bottom Jeans: Skinny jeans, you had a good run, but there is a new denim trend that will be taking over this spring... the wide-legged jean! These were seen on all the runways notably at Derek Lam and Celine, and every denim company will be making a wide-legged jean for spring. We already have the Seven for all Mankind Bell Bottom Jean, but we will be receiving more wide-legged styles! I love this look with a blouse tucked in... a la Derek Lam.

Derek Lam
2. Pattern: Big, bold patterns always come to mind when I think of Spring. Whether abstract patterns or florals, we saw a wide array of pattern from Balenciaga, Etro, and Dries van Noten. Prints are a fun incorporation to an outfit, and are definitely stand out pieces. This season Winter Kate, known for prints, is doing lots of floral... I am DYING for this to arrive at the store!

Etro
3. Military: Don't worry ladies, you can still wear your cargos! The military trend is still going strong as seen at Balmain, Alexander Wang, and Chloe... thank goodness because I have acquired quite a few cargo pants from fall. This trend goes further than just cargo pants, there were lots of front pocket jackets and shirts all over the runway. I'm sure we will be seeing some great front pocket tops from Equipment for spring! 


Balmain
4. Maxi Skirts and Dresses: This trend was seen everywhere during the Spring Fashion Weeks, not only on the runway, but off the runway on all the fashion insiders. I love wearing maxi dresses in the summer... such a bohemian feel, but I am really excited to try the maxi skirt trend! We will be receiving long dresses from Joie, Soft Joie, Velvet, and Ella Moss!

Rebecca Taylor

5. Mixing Neutrals: We love mixing neutral here at Yu Fashion, and for spring there is no excuse not too! Mix camel, beige, greys, white and black for a fresh take on basic neutrals! I love this look... so simple, modern and effortless! This was seen at 3.1 Phillip Lim and Rag & Bone.
3.1 Phillip Lim
I really hope it stops snowing...
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Yu Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig